If you think that logo designing is easy, then think again. At Design 247 we have learned time and time again that designing a logo isn’t as easy as learning your ABCs. As a matter of fact, there are things that you need to consider and things that you should do before you can make a well-designed logo. If you were asked by
your boss to make a creative logo, then you’ve come to the right place. Below are some logo design tips that you should follow.
- BE SIMPLE. Have you seen the logo of Nike? You know it’s Nike if you see its logo, even without its brand name being written. Great logos don’t need to be filled with text and images. As long as it’s recognizable, it’s a great logo. Remember, a logo is an emblem and not a manifesto.
- BE DYNAMIC. Flexibility and adaptability are the keys to a great logo. Logos need to be dynamic and not static. It doesn’t mean they have to change every day, but it needs to have a flexible approach.
- BE VERSATILE. Being versatile is important when designing a logo. If your logo looks great on posters but look horrible on other items like mugs, then the logo won’t ever achieve popularity. A good logo is not a slave to color scheme such that if it is displayed in any color, it will still look good.
- BE UNIQUE. When you design a logo, it is important to think out of the box and then bring mundane objects into the mold of uniqueness.
- BE MEANINGFUL. There is always a story behind a logo. If you only see the logo as an art pattern, you will never be able to understand the deeper meaning behind the logo. Keep in mind that a good logo has always 2 stories to tell: the obvious one, and the hidden one.
These are just five of the things that you need to do when designing a logo. Logos need to be simple, but unique. And most importantly, it should be easily recognized by people such that when they see it, they will immediately think of the company’s name. I hope these tips were able to help you.